Saturday, January 31, 2015

MARIE: JANUARY PROGRESS

Wow, January is coming to an end today and I am happy that I have some progress to report.  I ordered and received my fabric for the Shimmer Braid Quilt and have sorted the fabric, cut out the first month's pieces and sewn the units together.  I'm all ready to sew my log cabin blocks together and hope to have them finished by Feb. 10 when we receive the next set of instructions.  I love the fabric.  The colors are much more beautiful than they look in the photos.  I took the photos at night and the lighting is not the best.


 
I have also been quilting my Autumn Kaleidoscope and am about 3/4 finished outlining the blocks.  Hopefully I will be doing the free motion quilting soon.

3 comments:

  1. So very organized and ready to go! The photos make the pinks look red, but I still get the vision.

    I love your quilt and am glad you are enjoying the quilting process better with your new Juki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pinks do look red, but in reality they are a beautiful pink. It is going to be a beautiful quilt. Thanks for an organized and easy to follow pattern!

      Delete
  2. Oh I can't wait to see your log cabin blocks. The fabrics are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete